Australia has a legal framework set for online gambling. The gambling activities are regulated and licensed by different state authorities, like the Licensing Commission from Northern Territory or Tasmanian Gaming Commission. Activities such as sports betting and betting exchanges are covered and permitted in Australia.
Australian users should register and play with operators that are licensed in Australia. We have compiled a list of operators that are safe to play with from the Australia:
Above list of operators was updated and recommended to be used throughout 2017. While there may be other licensed companies to provide online sports betting, above list passed our game quality, bonus terms and financial stability criteria.
FAQ – Australia Online Gambling
- Who is the regulating and licensing authority in matters of gambling in Australia? There are two levels of regulation in terms of gambling in Australia: the Central Government and also on state/territory level. The Licensing Commission Northern Territory is the authority that issued most licenses and monitors gambling activity within Australia.
- Is online sports betting legal in Australia? Yes, online sports betting is regulated and legal within Australia. However users should check for operators that have an Australian license issued, like the ones in the list above.
- Are there any bonus restrictions at sports betting websites for Australian users? Yes, at the moment users in the states of NSW, VIC, WA and SA do not receive a registration bonus from online betting agencies. These are local measure set not to encourage gambling. However once a user is registered, there are different product features and promotions like refunds or best odds guaranteed that customers can take advantage of.
- Is online casino legal in Australia? No, online casinos can not advertise or offer real money games to users in Australia.
- Is online poker legal in Australia? No, online poker rooms can not advertise or offer real money games to users in Australia.
- Is online bingo legal in Australia? No, online bingo rooms can not advertise or offer real money games to users in Australia.
- Can I play with other operators that are not licensed in Australia if I am an Australian resident? We would advise against playing with operators that are not regulated by any of the Australian states.