In the US, online gambling is restricted at federal level. However, every state has the liberty to create its own laws regarding online gambling services that can overwrite the federal rules. This means that different online gambling activities are permitted in certain states with legislation that sets a legal framework for it. Such states are New Jersey or Nevada from the US. In these states, online gambling is regulated and monitored by local authorities such as the DGE in New Jersey.
🇺🇸 US users should register and play with operators that are licensed in the US. The trick is that certain gambling options are regulated in some states, therefore online gambling is legal only while registration & play occurs while within the state borders, regardless if the user is a resident or visitor in that state. We have compiled a list of operators that are safe to play with from the each particular state in US:
|Operator||Casino NJ||Betting NJ||Poker NJ|
Above list of operators was updated and recommended to be used throughout 2018. While there may be other licensed companies to provide online sports betting, casino or poker, above list passed our game quality, bonus terms and financial stability criteria.
FAQ – US Online Gambling
- Who is the regulating and licensing authority in matters of gambling in US? While at Federal level online gambling is not permitted, each state has the freedom to set its own rules in terms of online gambling. Therefore regulation & licensing happens at the level of each state. The Division of Gaming Enforcement in New Jersey is the authority that issues licenses and monitors gambling activity within NJ borders, US.
- Is online sports betting legal in US? Yes, online sports betting is regulated and legal within New Jersey and Nevada, US. Users should check for operators that have a New Jersey or Nevada license issued and play while within state borders.
- Is online casino legal in US? Yes, online casino is regulated and legal within New Jersey, US. Users should check for operators that have a New jersey license issued, like the list above, and play while within New Jersey borders.
- Is online poker legal in US? Yes, online poker is regulated and legal within Nevada and New Jersey, US. Users should check for operators that have a Nevada or New Jersey license issued, like the list above, and play while within those states’ borders.
- Is online bingo legal in US? Yes, online bingo is regulated and legal within New Jersey, US. Users should check for operators that have a New jersey license issued, like the list above, and play while within New Jersey borders.
- Can I play with other operators that are not licensed in United States if I am an US resident? We would advise against playing with operators that are not regulated by any of the US states. Even with regulated operates from states of Nevada or New Jersey, registration and play is legal while it happens within the borders of each specific state, regardless if a user is a resident or visitor in that state.